Friday 4 January 2013

Day 88 Kande 30/12/12


We are here for a "chilling out" two days, so a few of us went for a walk in the morning to the local village, where a couple of locals told me that LFC were playing QPR and Everton taking on Chelsea later that day - interesting that English football is followed so strongly out here, not just on tv but local teenagers knowing the fixtures for that day. (We had seen Arsenal 7 - Newcastle 3 yesterday evening).

In the afternoon, five of us went horse riding. - guess who was the only novice! (I exclude my couple of hours on an old nag at the Pyramids, and one day in the west of Ireland about 50 years ago). I don't think I did too badly - my "minder" said that, by the end, my posture was "perfect" but something tells me that he was flattering to deceive? Anyway, at least I did not fall off, in fact even managed the occasional trot. We finished (at least I thought we had finished) by walking the horses through the surf at the lake edge - me very nonchalantly holding the reins with just one hand.

Then, at the end, they unsaddled the horses and went back into the water with us riding bare back (!). The experience did not end there as my minder took us out quite deep so that Josh (my horse) was swimming with me on top of him, and at one stage leaning against his neck. Phewwwww - can't think of a better description.

Then, to cap it all, the team would 3-0 at QPR.

Not a bad day - and I didn't even had any aches and pains

PS. I was do taken aback by the finale to the horse riding that I did not take off my watch - so am now searching for watch number 6 since leaving Heathrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment