Sunday 16 December 2012

Day 57 Wendo Genet 28/11/12


Nine warthogs this morning, unbelievably close. The contents of our vegetable box seemed particularly interesting. Then a leisurely drive to Wendo Genet, where we camped under jacaranda trees in a rather exotic garden with colobus monkeys clearly in residence. Hot springs fed the two swimming pools. Evening meal in a rather futuristic restaurant - veal was so good that I had second helpings.

NB. Regular readers (ha ha) will no doubt remember that I broke my watch (the glass had fallen out) about a month ago in Gonder, and asked the ever helpful, and technical maestro, Ross if he could fix it. Off and on, he has been trying to put it back together but no success. Until today, when I was presented with my watch back in full working condition - the problem having been solved by his using a spare O ring from his toolkit. As usual, Ross had come up trumps and I am the proud possessor of a new, and very eye catching, watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment