Friday 15 February 2013

Day 135- Cape Town 15/2/13


Decided I had to tackle Table Mountain some time, so today was the day. Walking from the hostel in downtown CT, it took me 3 1/2 hours (sometimes on hands and knees in view of the very strong wind) but am delighted to say that I made it. Not surprisingly, there are great views from the top (which is something like the clients and grykes of Malham Cove).

The wind was so bad that the cable car was not operating, which meant that the station at the top was closed so no ice creams etc etc. Even the wc were closed. Fortunately, the facilities back at base where open, as was the ice cream shop so felt forced to have two large softee ices (butterscotch followed by coffee - delicious and I decided that I had earned them as a reward).

As another reward to myself for this great achievement, I went to see the new Les Miserables film at the Waterfront in the evening. It feels different being on my own for the first time in over four months.

Tomorrow I start the long journey to the Drakensberg mountains (with overnight stops in both Port Elizabeth and Durban), and have no idea when I shall next have wifi available. The bus calls to collect me at 07.20 so as it is nearly midnight this will be my last transmission for today!

1 comment: